Task List Overview and Options
To begin, log in to Evaluations by entering [yourdistrict]. schooldata.net/v2/evaluations.
Dashboard (back to Quick Links)
Tasks might be for the Evaluator or Evaluatee to fill in. A task list is pre-populated at the beginning of the year depending on the Evaluatee’s position level (i.e., Comprehensive, Focus Year 1, etc.) Each task has a due date set by the district. Task lists may be accessed by clicking on the magnifying glass.
The Task List is split into two sides:
- The Task List (to the left) is ordered by Date (Due, Scheduled, Completed). Click to highlight one, and the information displays on the right-hand side in the Task View panel.
- The Task View Panel (to the right) displays all options for the currently highlighted task from the Task List on the left.
Due dates help with the initial sort and represent the last date a task is to be completed before it is late. As Scheduled Dates are entered for meetings or observations or new tasks are added, the list will adjust to accommodate. By default, tasks are ordered by the due date. However, once a task has a scheduled date, that is the date used to order the task in the list.
The Task's Current Status (back to Quick Links)
|Required - A required task was added at the beginning of the year. It cannot be deleted.|
|Late - Past Due Required Task|
|Completed - The task has been marked complete.|
|Not Yet Due - The task is not yet due, late, or completed.|
|Read-Only - Displays for either the Evaluator or Evaluatee. Item has been marked complete or is only for the Evaluatee to enter data.|
|Shared - Displays when either the Evaluator or Evaluatee has shared an Evaluation type task.|
Filtering (back to Quick Links)
Task Lists may be filtered in two (2) ways at the bottom of the Task List.
- Filter tasks by entering part of the name in the text box.
- Click on the gear icon, then checkmark a box to change the task view on the list. This view change will persist for the user.
Gear Icons (back to Quick Links)
Provides a secure area to fill notes or ratings until they have chosen to share them. Only displays for tasks set to be some type of Observation or Evaluation. Only displays for a user when they are the one who can edit it or if the observation/evaluation task has been shared.
See Observation/Evaluation Form for more information.
Print Preview/Print - Generates PDF of the task.
Mark Complete?/Mark complete and send email notification? - adds green task checkmark, makes read-only, shares task data, and sends an email to Evaluatee. If grey, data is required, or the earliest allowable completion date has passed.
Share with Evaluatee? - A few things happen when the task is shared:
- First, an email is sent to the other, letting them know it has been shared and can be viewed.
- The task receives the Shared tag, the Open link is displayed, and the other’s notes and/or ratings can be seen in a read-only status.
- Whoever doesn’t have edit ability will see the message “This Evaluation has not yet been shared with you” when viewing the task.
Show other Task - When checked, a list of the Evaluatee’s tasks appears on the right to select from to display the Task View data to reference or copy/paste.
Import task Info
- Import data from another task.
- Most used for merging tasks when the position level is switched or when starting a new year’s Self Assessment using last year’s selections and notes. WARNING: Any existing data on the currently selected task will be overwritten with the newly imported data. There is no undo.
- Click the task to be imported to the current task (the list includes the previous year’s tasks). A warning will appear, click Yes, Import the Task.
- Tasks marked complete - When a task is marked complete, it is read-only’. To edit the task, the user must first UNCHECK the Mark Complete?, make the necessary edits, and then click the Mark Complete? again. Another email is sent, and the date will be updated to the current completion date.
- User-added tasks - Edit abilities are only available to the user who can edit the task if it ISN’T marked complete. A pop-up screen will appear, edit the inputs and click OK.
Delete Task - Only available for non-required tasks. A pop-up warning will appear. Click Yes, Delete. This action can not be undone.
Adding a Task (back to Quick Links)
Add Task - Add a new task.
Toggle Task List - Open/Close the left Taskbar list. Move to the next task.
Click the tasks drop-down menu to navigate to a new task.
Bottom of the Task List
Click the + icon.
- Task Template - District-defined dropdown list.
- Earliest Allowable Completion Date - The date that has to have passed for the task to be marked complete.
- Due Date - The date determines the order on the task list. If it has been passed and not yet marked complete, the task is flagged to Evaluator/Evaluatee as late.
- Is this task required? - Required tasks can not be deleted.
Task Navigation Tips (back to Quick Links)
Everything entered on the task view screen is viewable by the Evaluator or Evaluatee.
Task Template Name - Custom to the district naming. Custom informational links can be added. (blue)
Instructions - To help outline the use of the task or important details.
Evaluator/Evaluatee Notes - (Evidence - associated with Criteria) Click the pencil icon. A toolbar includes bold, italics, bullets, indents, and link inserts. Click OK to save.
Files - (Evidence - associated with Criteria) Types of files may include PDF, spreadsheet, document, video, and pictures. Files must be smaller than 15 MB to be accepted. See Adding Evidence for more information.
Web Links (Evidence - associated with Criteria) Web address links. See Adding Evidence for more information.
Charts (Evidence - associated with Criteria) - Depending on your district settings, different tasks allow Charts to be created and attached. See Adding Evidence, Charts Guide, and Student Growth Chart for more information.
Additional Data - Question and Answer boxes can be set up to fill in by Evaluator and/or Evaluatee. It also can be linked to criteria for evidence collection. A red asterisk(*) notes the required questions. Click the pencil icon to Edit. Remember to click OK to save.