ALE Application: Deactivating School Support Staff
This article will cover the process of Deactivating School Support Staff in the ALE application. Deactivating a School Support Staff removes them from Staff selectors and their access to the Role without requiring role-dependent data to be removed.
The ability to deactivate School Support Staff is restricted to users with the ALE Secretary or Program Manager role.
What Happens When a School Support Staff is “Deactivated?”
Taking the “deactivation” action affects the following items:
-Inactive Support Staff cannot access any of the pages under the Support Staff Role.
-They will not show in any of the Support Staff Selectors.
-They will continue to be listed in various interfaces and reports where they are associated with students, but will be listed as “inactive.”
How to Deactivate School Support Staff
- Select the Secretary or Program Manager Role
- Click Manage ALE Users on the left-hand navigation
- Find the School Support Staff you want to Deactivate in the Table
- Click the Row Actions & Options gearbox for the individual and choose “Edit”
- In the resulting form, uncheck “Is Staff” and click “Ok” at the top right.
- If this individual has additional roles in the ALE Application, they will remain in this table. If they have no other roles, they will no longer appear in this table.