ALE Application: Deactivating School Support Staff
This article will cover the process of Deactivating School Support Staff in the ALE application. Deactivating a School Support Staff removes them from Staff selectors and their access to the Role without requiring role-dependent data to be removed.
The ability to deactivate School Support Staff is restricted to users with the ALE Secretary or Program Manager role.
What Happens When a School Support Staff is “Deactivated?”
Taking the “deactivation” action affects the following items:
-Inactive Support Staff cannot access any of the pages under the Support Staff Role.
-They will not show in any of the Support Staff Selectors.
-They will continue to be listed in various interfaces and reports where they are associated with students, but will be listed as “inactive.”
How to Deactivate School Support Staff
- Select the Secretary or Program Manager Role
- Click Manage ALE Users on the left-hand navigation
- Find the School Support Staff you want to Deactivate in the Table
- Click the Row Actions & Options gearbox for the individual and choose “Edit”
- In the resulting form, uncheck “Is Staff” and click “Ok” at the top right.
- If this individual has additional roles in the ALE Application, they will remain in this table. If they have no other roles, they will no longer appear in this table.
Please sign in to leave a comment.