Once a student has been identified for participation in the High Cap Program, a Student Learning Plan can be created for each school year that:
- Identifies eligibility date, eligibility area(s) and service models
- Surfaces relevant assessment information
- Provides a place for staff to record student observations and strengths
- Outlines goals, tasks and evidence of goal completion
This document outlines how to create a plan.
- Navigate to the Highly Capable Student Learning Plans Application and choose “Plans” in the left hand navigation bar. This will take you to a list of plans, prefiltered to display students at the school(s) you are associated with. Clicking on the student name will open a selected plan. To initiate a new plan, click on “Add Highly Capable Student Learning Plan” at the top right:
- You will see the following form, which can be filled out to create a plan. Each field is described in detail below:
Label: This is a fillable text box that allows you to name the plan. This label will be displayed at the top of the plan and used in other locations to identify this plan. You might consider a naming convention that uses the student name and/or year in the plan label.
Student: This is a selectable field that when clicked will provide a search form with several options available for searching for and selecting the student for whom you are creating a plan:
Eligibility Date: Use the calendar tool to identify the date of eligibility for this student.
Responsible Educator: This selectable field will supply a list of educators who can be assigned as the primary individual responsible for the plan. The responsible educator “owns” the plan and can edit all aspects. Only one individual may be chosen.
Supplemental Educator(s): This selectable field will supply a list of educators who can be assigned as the secondary individual(s) responsible for the plan. While the responsible educator “owns” the plan, the supplemental educator(s) can also edit all aspects. One or more individuals may be chosen.
Eligibility Areas: This field will return a list of selections entered and maintained by the Hi Cap Data Admin that identifies one or more areas that a student is eligible for Highly Capable Services.
Service Models: This field will return a list of selections entered and maintained by the Hi Cap Data Admin that identify one or more service model areas that a student is participating in Highly Capable.
Notes: This is an optional fillable text box that can be used as desired.
Once all required fields have been filled, click the “Add” button at the top right of the form:
Your plan will be created and added to the data table list of plans. From here you can edit the plan to add observations, student strengths, goals or tasks. See Editing a Highly Capable Student Learning Plan for additional information.