Login to https://[yourdistrict].schooldata.net/v2/four-year-planning/educator
Click Create New Four-Year Plan for Student from the left navigation menu.
Fill out all Required fields.
- Name of Plan (required): A Title or Name of a Plan you will remember.
- Name of Student (required)
- Career Cluster (required): Select one of the Career Cluster options from the drop-down menu.
- Career Preference #1 (optional):
- SELECT means you can select one of the options for Career Preference #2.
- TEXT means you can type in a Career in Career Preference #2.
- Career Preference #2 (optional): SELECT a Career or type from the drop-down menu or type one using TEXT Input, depending on your Career Preference #1 selection.
- Four-Year Plan Template (required): Select the Template you’d like to use to build your plan from the drop-down menu.
- Student Notes (optional): Student written notes to educators.
- Educator Notes (optional): Educator written notes to the student.
- Post Secondary Plan (required): Select one of the options from the drop-down menu for what they’d like to do post High School.
- Graduation Pathway: Select the pathway the student wants to graduate from the drop-down menu.
Click Save when finished.
Now add courses to the Four Year Plan (IMPORTANT! You will only fill out Future Years. Student Completed and Scheduled courses will populate automatically).
Click View Mode. Click to Edit to change the courses for a planned year.
To add courses, hover over one of the Orange Graduation Requirements and click Choose Course.
The list of courses that appear will be filtered to the student's Grade Level, Graduation Requirement, and School. To add a course, click on the checkmark to the left of the course.
Now you will see the added course in the plan.
Continue to add the remaining courses to the plan.
To remove a course, click on the Red Minus Button to the right of the course.
If a course warning pops up, be sure to read the text. For example, it may mean Requirments Not Met (trying to add the wrong type of course to a particular space.) Or the class may have a prerequisite.
Students may have as many plans as they wish, but only ONE plan can be the Primary Plan. A primary plan is the student's most serious plan. The primary plan also controls the student Graduation Monitor Tracker Bar and is used for reporting purposes.
Utilize the Career Cluster
- Use the My Career Cluster Column and type in “yes,” or use the funnel to select yes. This filters the choices list to only those with a career cluster matching what was selected on the details page on this Four Year Plan.
- A different way to filter is to use the Career Cluster filter to select the one on the plan or any other career cluster to see the classes offered.
For this to provide intended results for students, annual management is needed in the SchoolData.net Four Year Plans setup on the Career Path fields for your school's courses. This is done with the Data Admin persona in the Four Year Plan Courses table. Career Paths should be identified based on specific purses for a Career Path or CTE pathway, providing credits the students need to satisfy that pathway.
To learn more about a course: Click the Course Code blue hyperlink for a description, fees, prerequisites, co-requisites, or notes.
To mark a course for a later time: Click the heart icon to the left of the course code to favorite for quick access later.
You may also wish to “Lock” their plan, which prevents them from making changes. See How-to-Lock-Four-Year-Plans for more information.
On the Details page of the student's plan (the same page we selected the student and their Graduation Pathway, Post Secondary Pathway, etc.) will have a “Not Locked” button in the top right corner. Click on the said button to lock the plan. To unlock the plan again, press the “Locked” button.
Students may have as many plans as they wish, but only ONE plan can be the Primary Plan. A primary plan is the student's most serious plan. It is also the plan that would be used if the district wanted to use our Four Year Application for future Course Requests. The primary plan also controls the student Graduation Monitor Tracker Bar and is used for reporting purposes.
To mark it as primary, click My Student Plans in the left navigation menu.
Search for the Student's name or name of their Plan. Then click the gear icon to the very right of the row and select “Make Primary Plan.” You can also see if the Plan is their Primary based on the “Primary Plan” column.
Have additional questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com