ALE Application: Attendance Designations
Attendance Designations are a list of customizable selections that can be set while taking attendance for classes. Currently, selections are available whether A or P is selected. In the future, the selectable list will change based on the Attendance selection. You can have attendance Designations added or removed by submitting a request to Support@Schooldata.net, or contacting your program administrator.
Using Attendance Designations:
How to Set an Attendance Designation:
- Goto the Manage Attendance page for the class
- Make an Attendance selection of P (Present) or A (Absent)
- Click the dropdown box for the student you want to set an Attendance designation for.
- Select the Designation.
What can Attendance Designations be used for?
Attendance designations are great for recording program specific information about a student’s attendance. In some schools beginning hybrid models where students can choose whether they attend in person or not, it is being used to record “in person” or “online” attendance so that reports can quickly identify which students were on campus if needed. It is also being used to specify that an absence was due to the teacher being absent rather than the student.
Who can set Attendance Designations?
Anyone who has the ability to take attendance for students can set an Attendance Designation.
- Users with the Secretary role on all Classes
- Support Staff and Certificated Teachers on classes assigned to them.
Where can I access Attendance Designations?
Attendance Designations can be found in the Following places:
- Anywhere Attendance is taken.
- In the Attendance section of Any SLP
Can I change the Attendance designation after it has been set?
Yes, currently the attendance designation can be changed at any time.