Suppose a student has a finding of unsatisfactory monthly progress. In that case, an intervention plan must be developed, documented, and implemented by a certificated teacher in conjunction with the student and, for students in grades K-8, the student's parent(s). At a minimum, the intervention plan must include at least one of the following interventions:
- Increasing the frequency or duration of contact with a certificated teacher to enhance the ability of the certificated teacher to improve student learning;
- Modifying how contact with a certificated teacher is accomplished;
- Modifying the student's learning goals or performance objectives;
- Modifying the number or scope of courses or the content included in the learning plan.
Immediately upon a finding of unsatisfactory monthly progress, an intervention plan will be created and linked to the Monthly Progress Page:
Clicking this link will open the Interventions Application in a new tab where many selections have been automated to save time.
The Student's Name is filled in, and Responsible Educator will default to the certificated Teacher. The Targeted Condition will default to Unsatisfactory ALE Progress while the Intervention/Support needs to be selected from the four identified options that align with WAC 392-121-182 (3)g:
- Modified number or scope of courses or content of the previous plan
- Increased frequency or duration of personal contact
- Modified learning goals or performance objectives
- A modified manner for direct personal contact
The Start Date will default to today, while the End Date will default to one month away, though both can be edited as desired.
Optional inputs in the Check-In section include Frequency and Duration.
The Label will default to Intervention Plan for ALE Monthly Progress: (student name) (month created).
The Description will, by default, include: “This Intervention Plan was created due to unsatisfactory ALE progress for (student name) in the month of (month created.) Minimal additional information could be included here about the changes/additions made to the student learning plan based on the Intervention Chosen.
To add further details and information to the plan, Click the Goals Tab and the Add Goal button at the top right.
Using the selectors and available text boxes, add the desired information about changes to the Student Learning Plan and click the Add button when done.
To create a printable PDF of the Plan, navigate to the My Student Plans link in the left navigation, and using the Row Rction gear, choose Print. Plans can also be Cloned or Opened to view via the Row Action gear.
You can return to the plan (with changes you made) anytime via the link on the Monthly Progress Tab in the ALE Application.