If you enroll students into their classes directly into the Student Information System, we have built tools that will allow you to migrate this information directly from there to the Subject/Course record of each student’s plan to avoid duplicate entry. This can be done for a single student, or en mass at one time for all active learning plans.
Several steps must be taken to complete this task:
- A student learning plan must be initiated for the current school year for each student
- Students must be enrolled in classes in the SIS and a successful migration must occur to allow that information to populate in the ALE application
- Courses for each class a student is enrolled in must be built in the ALE Application
- The Manage SIS Classes Utility must be used to identify which Course from the ALE app matches up with each Class from the SIS
- Then you’re ready to complete “Execute Mass Apply of Classes from SIS to Current SLP” procedure
For additional information about initiating Student Learning Plans, see the help document “ALE Application - Initiating a Student Learning Plan.” Additional support for Building a Course is available in the document “ALE Application - Creating a Course”
Manage SIS Classes Utility
On the Program Manager Role in the left navigation menu, the “Manage SIS Classes” page allows you to identify the ALE Course that corresponds to each Class migrating to the system from the SIS.
This table surfaces a list of all classes associated to students with active learning plans that are migrating from the SIS. Using the row action gear will allow you to “Edit ALE Course Association” for each record.
You will need to make this association for each course that will be represented on Student Learning Plans.
Migrating Classes from the SIS to a Single Student Learning Plan
To add classes from the SIS to a single Student Learning Plan, navigate to the “Classes from SIS” page under the “Subjects/Courses” menu on that student’s plan.
Here you will find a list of all the classes this student is registered for in the SIS. Using the row action gear at the far right, you can add individual records to the Subject/Course page by selecting “Add to ALE Student Learning Plan.”
If a course has been associated with the selected class using the Manage SIS Classes utility, when the subject/course record is created all of the associated Course data will be copied into the student learning plan at that time.
Migrating Classes from the SIS to all Student Learning Plans
This utility can be found on the Data Admin Role in the left hand navigation menu under “Administrative Tasks.”
Scroll to the bottom where you will find “Mass Apply Classes from SIS to Current SLP Subject Courses.” Clicking this button will take all of the Classes migrating from your SIS and with one click, create corresponding subject/course records for all active Student Learning Plans. A few things to note:
- If you plan to match Classes with the corresponding course data via the Manage SIS Classes utility, this must be done before taking this action
- When these procedures are run, they will not insert subject course records when there already exists a subject course on the Student Learning Plan that already has that ClassId (i.e. records will not be duplicated)
- This action cannot be undone, so it’s vital you are confident that everything is in place before you take it
- After the mass utility is run, it is important that each Student Learning Plan is reviewed for accuracy and that courses are approved by the supervising Certificated Teacher