INDIVIDUAL HEALTH PLAN (IHP) NAVIGATION
Individual Health Plans (IHPs) allow Health Teams to create and manage individualized student health plans.
Each plan includes the following areas:
Details - Health Concerns, Diagnosis with Additional Student Information about Transportation, Physicians/Specialists, Allergies, Medications, Rescue, and Maintenance.
Health Background - Details about History, Triggers, Special Precautions, and Restrictions.
Health Concerns - Individual Health Plans can be created for students based on six (6) main Health Condition categories:
Each Health Condition has tailored fields for inputting details related to the health condition. General is used for all Health Conditions that do not fall into one of the other categories. Note: IHPs are created for a single Health Condition. Additional Health Conditions require a new plan to be created.
CREATE A NEW INDIVIDUAL HEALTH PLAN
To log in, open a Web Browser and enter your district-specific address: [yourdistrictname].schooldata.net/ihp.
Type in your username and password. Click Sign In.
The Details tab allows for the entry of information about who the individual Health Plan is for, who will be responsible for following through with it, health concerns/diagnosis, important dates, and additional student information, including transportation, physician/specialist, allergies, medications, rescue, and maintenance. Required fields must be completed to create/save the IHP.
Selected Parties: Select the Student, Case Manager, and add additional Educators as needed.
Health Concerns: Selecting at least one concern and diagnosis is required. (Allergy, Asthma, Cardiac, Diabetic, Seizure)
Important Dates: This is required and will auto-populate. Edit any dates by selecting a new date.
Additional Student Information: Type additional information, Mark ☑️ if the Student has a 504 Plan.
Click Save and Continue from the top right drop-down menu.
The Health Background tab allows for entering health information related to the student. These fields are optional and can be completed as needed. Areas include
- Special Precautions,
- Physical Restrictions.
Click Next to continue.
The Emergency Contacts tab allows for the entry of any emergency contact(s) for the student and labels it to identify the contact's relationship and contact number.
Click Add Record to enter a new Emergency Contact Name, Phone Number, and Relationship. When finished, click Add.
NOTE: When adding new Emergency Contacts, add detail Home, Cell, and Work Numbers, including Extension. Also, include additional details to help identify the contact and//or the correct phone number to call first.
After adding, each column can be Filtered and sorted as needed by clicking the Action Gear in each column. To Edit or Delete the contact, click the Row Actions & Options Gear to the right of the line.
Records can also be downloaded by clicking on the Action gear at the top of the container and selecting Download Data. This will provide an excel sheet of data for review, saving, or printing.
Click Next in the top right to continue.
This section's Menu options will change based on the selected Health Concern on the Details page. In addition, fields and selections are specific to the selected Health Concern.
- General (Other) will always display in the Health Concerns menu. The General section only needs to be completed when Other is the selected Health Concern on the Details page. Leave General blank when another Health Concern is selected.
- Updating the Health Concern on the Details tab will update the Health Concerns menu to display the updated Health Concern Selection.
- A student can only have one Individual Health Plan per Health Concern per school year.
Further information on various Health Concerns may be found here: IHP - Health Concerns.
Here are a few other notes about Individual Health Plan Reports:
- Individual Health Plans can be created for the next school year.
- In addition, the Individual Health Plan Report is available in Reports Manager to run reports by Student Group and School Year.
- The Individual Health Plan Data Table is available in two (2) screen views for Homeroom Dashboard:
- Individual Health Plan Data Table with Student Group and School Year input selectors.
- Student Spotlight - Student Health Plan Container.
Please sign in to leave a comment.