ALE Application: Year End Student Learning Plan Tasks
In the ALE Application, the following is a list of recommended year-end tasks to complete when wrapping up Student Learning Plans.
1. Verify that dates are correct on all Student Learning Plans
a. Check overall end dates of each plan for accuracy. This can be done quickly on either the “All Student Learning Plans” page or “My Student Learning Plans.”
b. If any need to be updated, change the “End Date” on each plan on the “Details” Tab in the “Time Commitment” section. Please note that if anything on the “Details” tab is changed/updated, the plan will need to be re-approved.
- Update all Subject/Course Records with the correct end date and participation status.
If no participation status was selected, it can remain blank. If marked “In Progress” consider updating this to “Completed” or “Withdrawn” if not completed.
- If needed, assign Grades and Credit Earned for courses completed.
This is done on a course by course basis on the “Results” section of the Subject/Course Details page. You can find detailed information about this process in another quick guide titled “ALE - Assigning Grades and Credits.”
4. After all changes to the Student Learning Plan have been made, save a final copy of the plan by “Approving” the plan one final time.
This is done by clicking on the “Approve the Plan” button on the “Approvals” page under the “Tracking” tab. Taking this step will capture a final PDF version of the plan as it existed at the end of the year.
You can print Student Learning Plans in several locations. On a per student basis, they can be printed:
- With the row action gear from “All Student Learning Plans” or “My Student Learning Plans” pages
- From the page action gear on the Details Tab of any single Student Learning Plan