Attached is a Task Template setup spreadsheet with many examples to help display the fields in the format they used for setup. Also, another file shows how the example in this article was set up.
Task Templates – Each template at any position level can use and as many times as they want. Here is what each does if you mark it Yes or True unless noted otherwise (see screenshot below with corresponding numbers to options):
- Is Meeting (1) – gives the date, time, location boxes
Evaluation Task Sharing Option (2) – only for Self Evaluations and have to mark in the system, and there are three options
- ‘Is Sharable’ means the Evaluatee has the option to share their Self Evaluation with the Evaluator
- ‘Is not sharable’ means the Evaluatee has no option to share their Self Evaluation with the Evaluator
- ‘Must be shared’ means the Evaluatee’s Self Evaluation is always shared with the Evaluator
- May be Modified by EvaluaTEE (3) – allows EvaluaTEE to modify the Task and is read-only for EvaluTOR
- May be Modified by EvaluaTOR (3) – allows EvaluaTOR to modify the Task and is read-only for EvaluTEE
- Allows notes (4) – Provides a standard note box to fill in
- Allows File Uploads (5) – Provides “Upload file(s)” button
- Is Evaluation (6) – provides “Open Observation” link and the Evaluation rubric for that Position.
- Is Support Team Meeting (7) – Gives access to this Task on the PLC tab and allows the user to “Share with PLC Members” for collaboration
- Is Growth Evidence (8) – Provides the “Charts” option and makes it an available task from the Student Growth tab to attach Growth Charts.
- Is Active (9a) – Is available to use and select from the ‘+’ add a task list.
- Evaluation Task is Annual Final (10) – Makes it the final evaluation task in the summary and connects to the state calculations.
- Allows Web Links (11) - Allows the user to add URLs as evidence, associate to criteria, and add notes to them
- Evaluated Position (9b) - when this field is filled in, only that Position can use the task template, and it is only available to them in the ‘+’ add a task list.
(12) Task Templates can optionally be set up with Additional Data Collection boxes.
What do these do for you?: Use them to create forms to collect information or answers to questions. Each box can then be attached to one or more criteria from the Evaluation rubric.
- Data Collection Item Name – what displays in the database
- Ordinal By Task – how to order them on the Task
- Item Is Required – True makes required to fill in prior to marking a task as complete.
- Item Is Growth Goal – data filled in shows in the “Task Related Goals” section on the Goals tab
Automatic Task List – tasks, due dates, task order, and Task required status that are automatically populated when a position level is assigned to an Evaluatee
What do these do for you?:
- Pre-populate position levels with tasks that can designate those that require more evaluations or more meetings. (ie, Provisional vs. Continuing)
- Make some tasks required for one Position and not another
- Make due dates different between positions
- Earliest Allowable completion date makes it so Evaluator or Evaluatee can’t mark the Task complete until the date has passed