After you complete the Location, Expenses, Education and Occupation sections, navigate to the Results page to see:
- A summary of your selections
- The annual salary required to cover your expenses
- A list of careers that match all of your selections
This area summarizes your answers for each Reality Check section.
Location: "Where would you like to live?"
Expenses: Calculated Monthly Expenses
Education: "How much time are you willing to invest?"
Occupation: "What general career cluster interests you most?"
"Total Annual Salary Needed" multiplies your calculated monthly expenses by 12 to find how much you must earn every year to support your preferred lifestyle. Your career matches will be filtered down to just those that earn your Total Annual Salary Needed or higher, so the higher the salary, the narrower the list of suggested careers.
This area shows a list of careers that match all of your choices from the previous sections.
- Total Annual Salary Needed: You will see only careers that earn this much or higher.
- Education: You will see only careers that require this many years of education or less.
- Occupation: You will only see careers that belong to the career cluster you selected.
In the example below, we see a list of careers that match all the following criteria:
- Total Annual Salary Needed: Earn $39,360 a year or more.
- Education: Require 4 years of education or less.
- Occupation: Are in Architecture and Construction.
Tips for the Results Page
If your list of careers is too small, there are ways to broaden your selection from the Results page.
For "How much time are you willing to invest?", changing your answer to 5+ years will maximize your career suggestions.
For "What general career cluster interests you most?", changing your answer to "No Preference" will also widen your options.
If you want to change your Location, you will need to go back to Location using the left navigation bar, and then redo the Expenses section.