*Download a printable template of these instructions here.*
The Interests Self-Assessment is based on the Interest Profiler self-assessment in WOIS. Although the survey looks very different, the questions and calculation criteria are identical.
For each question, the Interests Self-Assessment asks you to rate your interest in an activity. There are 60 questions in total, and all of them must be answered before you can view your results.
Taking the Interests Self-Assessment
1. Click on "Learn About Myself" on the left side of the page, and then click "Overview".
Find the Interests assessment and then click on a new (0%) attempt box. You can attempt this assessment up to four times
2. To answer the questions, click an icon to choose whether you would like doing the activity, dislike doing it, or you are not sure.
3. You can go back a question or skip to the next one by clicking on the back and forward buttons.
4. You can track your progress with the progress bar. You can click on any square to be taken to the corresponding question. Questions you have already answered will be filled in with green, orange or red, depending on your answers.
5. When you've answered all 60 questions and the progress bar is completely filled in, the "See Results" button will appear. Click on this button to see your results.
Reviewing Your Results
1. The Results page will show your top three Occupational Personality Types, with the most compatible occupational personality type listed first. In the example below, the strongest match is Realistic ("R") followed by Social ("S") and then Artistic ("A").
2. The right side of the screen will list careers for each of your top three occupational personality types. Click on hearts to save a career to your favorites, or click on a career name to learn more about it.
3. To learn more about your occupational personality types, click on the "Learn about personality types" link above your results.
Printing Your Results
1. To print your results, click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen, then click "Career Plan Interests".
Reviewing Your Answers
1. To review or change your answers, click on "Review Answers" on the Results page to go back.
2. Click on the progress bar to navigate to any question.
3. The questions will be highlighted in green, orange or red, depending on how you answered.
Please sign in to leave a comment.