*Download a printable template for these instructions here.*
The Preferences survey is based on the Career Interest Areas self-assessment in WOIS. Although the survey looks very different, the questions and calculation criteria are identical.
For each question, the Preferences survey asks you to choose between two different work activities. There are 66 questions in total and all of them must be answered before you can view your results.
Taking the Preferences Survey
1. Click on "Learn About Myself" on the left side of the page, and then click "Overview".
Find the Preferences assessment and then click on a new (0%) attempt box. You can attempt each assessment up to four times.
2. The survey will ask you to choose between two activities. Click on the activity you prefer, and you will automatically advance to the next question.
3. You can go back a question or skip to the next one by clicking on the back and forward buttons.
4. You can also track your progress with the progress bar. You can click on any square to be taken to the corresponding question. Questions you have already answered are filled in with green.
5. When you've answered all 66 questions and the progress bar is completely green, the "See Results" button will appear. Click on this button to see your results.
Reviewing Your Results
1. The Results page will rank your preferences in 12 different careers areas from high to low.
2. The right side of the screen will list careers in your top three career areas. Click on hearts to save a career to your favorites, or click on a career name to learn more about it.
Printing Your Results
1. To print your results, click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen, then click "Career Plan Preferences".
Reviewing Your Answers
1. To review or change your answers, click on "Review Answers" on the Results page to go back.
2. Click on the progress bar to navigate to any question.
3. The options you selected will be highlighted in green.