When a student moves to a new school within the district. The district has a couple ways they can manage the 504 plans. Districts will most likely want to add this to their end of year rollover procedures.
Two potential ways to transition a 504 plan for a student that has promoted to a new school:
- Option 1: Keep current plan ‘locked’ (don't edit 504 Coordinator) from previous school, 504 coordinator at new school clones the previous school plan and updates for the new school
- Old school plan (ie plan unedited) - click the "archive" so that it isn't listed for the current 504 Coordinator. Once the date expires, the
- New school - locates the plan for the student, clicks the gear and choose "clone", update it for the new coordinator.
- Option 2: the same plan is updated by the old school, or the new school with the new 504 Coordinator.
- New coordinator locates the plan from the old school with the previous 504 Coordinator, edited to be as needed for the new school.