When a student moves to a new school, the district has several ways to manage the 504 plans. First, districts will likely want to add this to their end-of-year rollover procedures.
Two potential ways to transition a 504 plan for a student that has been promoted to a new school:
- Option 1: Keep the current plan 'locked' from the previous school(don't edit 504 Coordinator); the 504 coordinator at the new school clones the previous school plan and updates for the new school
- Old school plan (i.e., plan unedited) - click the "archive" so it isn't listed for the current 504 Coordinator.
- New school - locates the plan for the student, clicks the gear, chooses "clone," and updates it for the new coordinator.
- Option 2: the same plan is updated by the old or new school with the new 504 Coordinator.
- The new coordinator locates the plan from the old school with the previous 504 Coordinator, edited as needed for the new school.