Extract and Upload Process for Historic Scores for New Students Files
Download the file:
- Access your EDS account at: https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us.
- Enter your username and password.
- From the EDS Home tab, select View My Applications.
- From the application list, select CAA/CIA Database.
- From the menu bar at the top select Historic Scores
- Select the current school year
- If the CEDARS year in EDS isn't the current school year, newly enrolled students in the current year may not be included. This is best to be done when the years match.
- Enter a data range of when new students were enrolled.
- Leave the default Export Options to Excel.
- Select Search.
- Open the file you downloaded
- Locate the column header "TestedGradeLevel" and rename to "GradeLevel"
- Save it as a comma-separated value file (.CSV) with a meaningful name.
Upload the scores:
- Log in to Homeroom Admin.
- Navigate to Uploads >> Upload Assessment Scores >> Automatic Score Loader / Review Uploads.
- From the Select Loader dropdown, select "Out of District State Test Scores".
- Select Chose File, browse for the .csv file you saved above, then select Submit.
- Once validated, select Approve from the Review Uploads section. You will also receive an email notification.
- Each record from the file is flagged with an "Out of District" indicator.
- The historic score data files do not include strand data.
- Any time a student withdraws and then re-enrolls in a district all of their "historic" data is included in these "Historic Scores for new students" files. This includes students who may have been withdrawn for only a few months. Therefore, in some cases, there may be duplicate student data, which is noted on the Validation report. This does not effect the display of data for students in Homeroom.
If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
[updated 3/11/2018, dmr]