Students can enter the referral process one of two ways:
- Being individually refereed when a referral form is completed about the student.
- Being identified and assigned to the referral process with a group of students based on assessment scores.
Entering Individual Referrals - Educator
On the Educator role, click the Referral Form in the left navigation menu. This will bring up a student selector where you can click to search for a student whom you would like to enter a referral for.
- Student (Required)
- Relationship to Student (Required)
- Describe why you would recommend or not recommend this student for highly capable programs. (Optional)
- Are there any constraining factors that may influence performance on standardized assessments? (Optional)
Click Save. Your referrals will then be found under My Referrals.
Entering Individual Referrals - Public
Via an unauthenticated form that any user can access: [yourdistrictname}.schooldata.net/v2/highly-capable-student-plans/#/public/refer-student, any individual can submit a referral. This form asks for information that will help identify the student.
The resulting referrals will be found in the Referred Students for the Data Admin to review. If a record for that student already existed there, they will see an additional referral record for that student on the page.
Entering Referrals for Multiple Students
Several tables will allow you to identify groups of students to refer. On the Educator role, in the left navigation, choose Assessment Scores, Screener Scores, or Qualifier Scores. See Highly Assessment/ Qualifier/Screener Scores for more information.