Locate or request a Title.
Click Library in the left navigation menu and choose Search.
Simple Search for the Titles, Keywords, or Descriptions by entering it in the Search field, then click Set.
Advanced Search may also be done for Title, Location, Identifier, Barcode, Author, Keywords, Subject, and Media Type.
A list of titles will be displayed. To return to the search, click Data Settings Form.
Click the Title for more details, or click the Row Actions & Options gear to View Details or Request the Title.
If the list is long, try filtering it by typing a keyword or clicking the gear at the top of each column.
Checking Out Items
Choose Check Out from the left-hand navigation menu to check out books for individual students.
- Person Type (Optional) - Select Student, Parent, or Teacher from the drop-down menu.
- Name (Required) - Select the checkmark next to the name.
- Due Date (Optional) This will autofill with the default date when setting up the Library. You have the option to select a different date.
- Barcodes (Required)
Once finished, click
- Check Out/Renew - This will tell the system to check out the items to the selected individual. NOTE: This will not give an error message if one or more entered barcodes are unavailable.
- Verify Availability - This will open a modal showing a list of the entered barcodes and their current status in the system. It will also state if a barcode does not currently exist in the system. Choose Yes, CheckOut, or click the “x” to close the modal and make any needed changes.
Checking In Items
Use the Check In option from the left-hand navigation menu to check multiple items simultaneously. This is where you would input or scan Barcodes (Required).
Once finished, click one of the following options:
- Check In - This will check in any entered barcodes that currently have a checked-out status.
- Verify Barcodes - This will open a modal showing the entered barcodes' status. Select Yes, Check In to check in any of the entered barcodes that have been checked out, or click “X” to close the modal and make any needed changes.
Viewing and Renewing Check Out Copies
Select Manage from the left-hand navigation menu and choose Checked Out Copies. Basic information for each item will be listed here, such as the name, barcode, check out date, due date, and the name of the person it was checked out to. These titles can be individually Checked in or Renewed via the associated Row Action & Options gear.
Clicking Renewed will open a new window that prompts you to select a new Due Date for the item.
Click Save. NOTE: If you select Save without selecting a date, the system will use the Default Check-In Date chosen for your library system.
School staff can also view items checked out to a student on the Manage Student interface. Select All ALE Students in the left navigation menu, click the student's name blue hyperlink, then view the Library Items Tab located at the far right or nested under the Details Tab.