To log in:
Open a Web Browser and enter your district-specific address: https://[yourdistrictname].schooldata.net/v2/evaluations
Logging in – two possibilities may be presented:
- You are presented with username & password entry boxes. Type in your username and password, and click Sign In. If you do not remember your password, click Reset Your Password and follow the steps on the screen.
- You are presented with an Authenticate With District button. Be sure the Login in as dropdown shows Staff, then click the Authenticate With District button. This will either log you directly into SchoolData.net applications or pull up district managed account login screen connected to SchoolData.net. You will want to connect with your Tech department if you don’t know this username or password.
When done working in Evaluations, log out: Click your name in the top right of the screen at the bottom of the dropdown and choose Log Out.
Evaluations Role Definitions
In Evaluations, Users have Roles that determine how they access data and interact with the application.
|Evaluator||Evaluators are responsible for whichever evaluatees are assigned to them. The main functionality available to evaluators is as follows:
|Evaluatee||Evaluatees has the following functionality:
|Monitor||Monitors have a read-only role. They can only view tasks for whichever evaluatees are assigned to them.|
Tools Provided From The Monitor Dashboard
The Monitor Dashboard lists all CURRENT YEAR Evaluators and their Evaluatees, allowing the Monitor to view all of an Evaluator's Evaluatees data, if needed, with READ ONLY access. Only Evaluations Monitors will be able to access the Monitor Dashboard. Click on the icon next to the Evaluator name to expand to see the list of Evaluatees.
Detail settings on an Evaluatee
To change any of the following settings on an Evaluatee, click the pencil icon next to the Evaluatee’s name.**
- A Position Level (i.e., Teacher Focused yr 5) determines the tasks automatically added to the Evaluatee's task list annually.
- Switching should only be done if needed because the task list is updated, which includes any already filled in with data. Those tasks with data are kept, potentially creating duplicate tasks.
- Position Level (Focus Yr1, Focus Yr2, etc.) is incremented based on a standard district setup sequence at the annual rollover process.
- The Primary Evaluator determines who has the evaluatee on their dashboard. Switching Evaluator will remove the Evaluatee from the current Evaluator's Dashboard and add it to the new Evaluator's Dashboard.
- A Supplemental Evaluator selected adds the Evaluatee to that selected Evaluator's Dashboard and allows them to add or edit any tasks on their list, just as the Primary Evaluator. However, they cannot edit the details like Position Level, Primary Evaluator, or Supplemental Evaluator.
** If Monitors can't switch Position Level or Evaluator, send a request to turn on this functionality to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a district-wide setting.
Final Evaluations for All Evaluatees
Click the gear at the top right of the Monitor Dashboard. Choose Print All Evaluatees.
On the pop-up that appears, select options to include or exclude. The print defaults to the current year. If needing a previous year, change the school year at the bottom. When it is ready, the PDF generated can be accessed via the application notification that appears or via the email sent to the logged-in user.
Printing Final Evaluations for a specific Evaluator’s Evaluatees
Click the printer icon in the row of the specific Evaluator you would like to print all their Evaluatees.
Like above, a pop-up appears. Select options to include or exclude. The print defaults to the current year. If needing a previous year, change the school year at the bottom. When it is ready, the PDF generated can be accessed via the application notification that appears or via the email sent to the logged-in user.
Viewing or Printing a single Evaluatee’s Final Evaluation
Click on the magnifying glass icon on the Evaluatee to enter their Evaluation Record.
Once it opens, click the Summary tab. By default, the current year Summary & Final Evaluation information shows. Click on the school year dropdown to switch to previous years. Click the Action Gear icon in the Summary area to print. On the pop-up, choose what you would like included in the print. A PDF is generated that can be accessed via the application notification that appears when ready or via the email sent to the logged-in user.
Useful Applications Outside Of Evaluations
Some applications aren’t directly linked in the Evaluations application that can provide useful tools to staff. Specifically configured or compiled Evaluation information in these other applications can provide reports to file into a staff folder or report to the state. The two most useful below can be found in the Data Extracts (DE) bundle:
- Reports (direct link https://[yourdistrictname].schooldata.net/v2/report-manager)
- Data Tables (direct link https://[yourdistrictname].schooldata.net/v2/data-table-manager)
Since Evaluations are part of the Human Resources bundle when in the application, its bundle icon (HR) will be displayed on the left of the screen. To access the Data Extracts bundle and its applications. Locate and hover on the DE bundle icon on the right of the screen. Click the Learn More >> link on the application.
Evaluations Specific Reports
The Reports (Rp) application provides users with overall group or single-user PDF reports. Reports provide options for many other SchoolData.net applications, so the ones specific to Evaluations are below.
- Evaluatee Position Level Path Report
- Final Evaluation 4-Year Report
- Historical Evaluation Summary
Click Create New Report on the left navigation panel to locate any of these Reports. See the Reports Guide help article for more information.
Click the Browse Category button of the Evaluations Custom Reports.
To generate and download documents from a Report, click the Build Report button next to your desired report.
Select options on the screen that are relevant to what is needed. Click the Save And Generate dropdown, and choose Generate Report or Save Configuration. A PDF or XLSX workbook will be generated and accessed via the application notification that appears when ready or via the email sent to the logged-in user.
For quicker access to a Report, add it to My Reports. Click the empty heart icon to turn it red. From then on, any favorited Report can be found in the My Reports.
Evaluations Specific Data Tables
The Data Tables (Ta) application provides users with Excel spreadsheet-type reports. Data Tables provide options for many other SchoolData.net applications, so below are the ones specific to Evaluations:
- Evaluation Criteria by Task Template
- Evaluation Task Completion
- Evaluation Year Summary
Click Create Data Table on the left navigation panel to locate any of these Data Tables. See the Data Tables Guide help article for more information.
Click the Browse Category button next to Data Extracts.
To generate and download data from a Data Table, click the Build Data Table button next to your desired data table.
Select options on the screen that are relevant to what is needed. Click Save and Generate Data Table.
It provides data for review or to scroll through on the screen that appears. Click on Download XLSX on the left side to download the spreadsheet into your files or Save and Name it from the right side of the screen.
Add it to My Data Tables for quicker access to a Data Table. Click the empty heart icon to turn it red. From then on, any favorited Data Table can be found in the like-named category in My Data Tables.
If you need help, contact a customer support representative by emailing: email@example.com