STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR STUDENTS
The Preferences survey asks you to choose between two different work activities. Sixty-six (66) questions must be answered before you can view your results.
FIND THE SURVEY
- Log into Career Planner: https://[district].schooldata.net/v2/career-planner
- Click on "Learn About Myself" in the left-hand menu.
- Click "Preferences" Click the first "Preferences" in the list to get started. You can take the Preferences assessment up to four times,
TAKE THE SURVEY
- The survey will let you choose between two activities. Click on the preferred activity to automatically move to the next question.
- You can return to a question or skip to the next one by clicking the < and > buttons.
- When you've answered all 66 questions and the progress bar is entirely green, click the "See Results" button to see your results.
VIEW YOUR RESULTS
- The Results page will rank your preferences in 12 career areas from high to low.
- Click "Generate Suggestions" at the bottom of the screen.
- The right side of the screen will list careers in your Top 3 Career Areas. Click on hearts to save a career to your favorites, or click on a career name to learn more about it.
- To review or change your answers, click on "Review Answers" on the Results page to go back.
Print Your Results
- To print your results, click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen, then click "Career Plan Preferences."
- An email be sent when ready. "Click here" to download it.