In the ALE Application, the following is a list of recommended tasks to complete when wrapping up Student Learning Plans at the close of a school year.
**New this school year: All WSLPs need to be concluded as a final step to wrapping up WSLPs for the school year. This is # 5 in the following list and is the LAST thing you do with WSLPs.**
- Review June Overall Monthly Progress
- Verify that dates are correct on all Student Learning Plans
Check the overall end dates of each plan for accuracy. This can be done quickly on either the “All Student Learning Plans” page or “My Student Learning Plans.”
If anything needs to be updated, change the End Date on each plan on the Details Tab in the “Time Commitment” section. Please note that making changes to this section on the plan will set the plan to a “not approved” status.
- Update all Subject/Course Records with the correct end date and participation status.
Be sure that each subject/course record on the plan has an accurate end date. Update courses to “Completed” or “Withdrawn” if not completed. Some programs also choose to keep track of which courses are not completed and continuing into the next school year by leaving this status as “In Progress” and copying these into the next school year. An additional help document is available that details this process is titled, Copying in Progress Courses from one School Year to the Next.
You can update subject course records one at a time via the Row Action Gear >> Edit and update the End Date and Participation status areas.
You can also update one or more courses via the Select Row Actions button. Select one or more courses >> click on the blue Select Row Actions button >> click Edit Selected Courses >> make updates >> click Save.
- If needed, assign Grades and Credit Earned for completed courses.
This can be done on a course-by-course basis by the Certificated Teacher on the “Results” section of the Subject/Course Details page. The Certificated Teacher or Registrar can also add grades and credits on a per-class basis via the “Grades” tab. You can find detailed information about this process in the help document titled “ALE - Awarding Grades/Credits to a Course.”
- After all changes to the Student Learning Plan have been made, save a final copy of the plan by “Approving” the plan one final time.
This is done by clicking on the “Approve Changes” button on the Approvals page under the “Tracking” tab, or the “Approved” button in the top right corner of the screen on any plan. Taking this step will capture a final PDF version of the plan as it existed at the end of the year.
- Conclude ALL WSLPs.
Concluding WSLPs will mark any courses that were left in the null or ‘In Progress’ as withdrawn. Concluding WSLPs can not be undone. This is the final step you would take to wrap up the WLSP for the year. If you would like to copy ‘In Progress’ courses into the next school year, you will need to do this prior to concluding WSLPs. Copying in Progress Courses from one School Year to the Next.
Concluding WSLPs can be done by the SLP Certificated Teacher via Certificated Teacher >> Student Learning Plans >> My Student Learning Plans >> click the Row Action Gear for the student you want to conclude >> click Conclude
This can also be done en masse via Registrar >> Student Learning Plans >> All Student Learning Plans >> select one or more students >> click Selected Row Actions >> click Conclude SLPs
Printing Student Learning Plans - One Student
You can print Student Learning Plans in several locations.
- The current plan can be generated with the row action gear from “All Student Learning Plans” or “My Student Learning Plans” pages
- The current plan can also be generated from the page action gear on the Details Tab of any single Student Learning Plan.
- Each evolution of the plan over the year can be downloaded via the “Download File” links of the Approvals page.
- A special “Audit Print” is available that will include all versions of the plan over the school year, the associated information for each subject/course, weekly contact records, and monthly progress reports. This can be generated from the page action gear on the Details Tab of any single Student Learning Plan.
Printing Student Learning Plans - More than one Student
Plans for one or more selected students can be printed via the “All Student Learning Plans” or “My Student Learning Plans” page. Use the checkmarks at the left to select one or more rows, then via the blue selected rows action at the top right, choose “Print Written SLP.”