In the ALE Application, the following is a list of recommended tasks to complete when wrapping up Student Learning Plans at the close of a school year.
- Verify that dates are correct on all Student Learning Plans
Check overall end dates of each plan for accuracy. This can be done quickly on either the “All Student Learning Plans” page or “My Student Learning Plans.”
b. If anything needs to be updated, change the End Date on each plan on the Details Tab in the “Time Commitment” section. Please note that making changes to this section on the plan will set the plan to a “not approved” status.
- Update all Subject/Course Records with the correct end date and participation status.
Be sure that each subject/course record on the plan has an accurate end date. If no participation status was selected, it can remain blank and the system considers it as completed based on the end date. If marked “In Progress” you can update this to “Completed” or “Withdrawn” if not completed. Some programs also choose to keep track of which courses are not completed and continuing into the next school year by leaving this status as “In Progress.” An additional help document is available that details this process is titled, Copying in Progress Courses from one School Year to the Next.
- If needed, assign Grades and Credit Earned for completed courses.
This can be done on a course-by-course basis by the Certificated Teacher on the “Results” section of the Subject/Course Details page. You can find detailed information about this process in the help document titled “ALE - Awarding Grades/Credits to a Course.”
4. After all changes to the Student Learning Plan have been made, save a final copy of the plan by “Approving” the plan one final time.
This is done by clicking on the “Approve Changes” button on the Approvals page under the “Tracking” tab. Taking this step will capture a final PDF version of the plan as it existed at the end of the year.
Printing Student Learning Plans - One Student
You can print Student Learning Plans in several locations.
- The current plan can be generated with the row action gear from “All Student Learning Plans” or “My Student Learning Plans” pages
- The current plan can also be generated from the page action gear on the Details Tab of any single Student Learning Plan.
- Each evolution of the plan over the year can be downloaded via the “Download File” links of the Approvals page.
- A special “Audit Print” is available that will include all versions of the plan over the school year, the associated information for each subject/course, weekly contact records and monthly progress reports. This can be generated from the page action gear on the Details Tab of any single Student Learning Plan.
Printing Student Learning Plans - More than one Student
Plans for one or more selected students can be printed via the “All Student Learning Plans” or “My Student Learning Plans” page. Use the check marks at the left to select one or more rows, then via the blue selected rows action at the top right, choose “Print Written SLP.”