In the Data Admin role, there is a tool for copying a set of classes by term or year so that once the class schedule is established, it does not have to be built from the ground up each year. Multiple Classes can be selected and copied with all associated details from one class term to another or one school year to another (minus student enrollments).
This function is housed on the Data Admin Role by clicking the Administrative Tasks in the left navigation.
Decide if you would like to Mass Copy Classes by Term or Mass Copy Classes by Year. Using the appropriate form, select which you would like to copy from and which you would like to copy to.
- Class Term to Copy From > School Year to Copy To > Class Term to Copy To (Required)
- Year to Copy From > Year to Copy To
Next, you may optionally select Classes to Exclude. Use the column filter to locate classes, then once to the left of those individual classes, click the checkmark. You can review your selection list by clicking View Selected at the bottom right. Once you have the complete list of selected classes you do not want to be copied and confirmed, click Add Classes.
Now click on Mass Copy Classes.
You will get a warning confirming you are ready.
Now, you should see duplicate copies of your classes on the All Classes list available on the Teacher, Registrar, or Program Manager Roles.
Additional things to note:
- Student enrollments are not copied over using this process. No students will be enrolled in the copied classes.
- All other class details, including the schedule, are copied forward. The appropriate class term dates for the new term/year will be applied.
- If the class is not following the same class schedule as the previous term/year, delete the existing class schedule and add a new one.