This article will cover the process of Activating and Deactivating Certificated teachers in the ALE application. Deactivating a Certificated Teacher removes them from Certificated Teacher selectors and their access to the Role without requiring role dependent data be removed.
The ability to activate and deactivate Certificated Teachers is restricted to users with the ALE Data Admin Role.
What Happens When a Certificated Teacher is “Deactivated?”
Taking the “deactivation” action affects the following items:
-Inactive Certificated Teachers cannot access any of the pages under the Certificated Teacher Role.
-They will not show in any of the following Certificated Teacher selectors:
- Initiate Student Learning Plan
- Create Class
- Create Course
- Add Subject-Course to Student Learning Plan
- Details page of Student Learning Plans.
- Add substitution record
- Email List
How to Activate/Deactivate Certificated Teachers
- Select the Data Admin Role
- Click Manage Certificated Teachers on the left-hand navigation
- Find the Certificated Teacher you want to Activate/Deactivate in the Table
- Click the Row Actions & Options gearbox for the teacher
- Click Activate to Activate the Teacher and Deactivate to Deactivate the Teacher