Each month, a determination of students’ monthly progress must be made by the certificated teacher who is overseeing each Student Learning Plan. Ultimately, a determination of “Yes” or “No” with a date assigned must be made. But, the ALE Application has many tools in place that may be optionally used to help the Certificated Teacher make this determination.
Monthly Progress Determination per Class or Course
For groups of students participating in a Class or Course, the Certificated Teacher or Support Staff providing that instruction can designate on a per student basis, per month, how well the student is progressing.
Monthly Progress by Class
To set monthly progress for students in one class:
- A Certificated Teacher will go to “Courses/Classes” then “All Classes” in the left nav. Once you locate your class, click on the title, then the “Monthly Progress” tab.
- A Support Staff will go to “Courses/Classes” then “My Classes” in the left nav. Once you locate the class you want to document progress for, click on the row action gear to the far right and select “edit” then click on the “Monthly Progress” tab.
Here, either user can set monthly progress for each student by month by clicking on “Set” next to the corresponding month and student. This comment will feed directly into the Monthly progress report for that student and month in the corresponding subject/course record.
Monthly Progress by Course
A Certificated Teacher also has the ability to set monthly progress by course for all students in a simple interface. In the left nav, click on “Progress by Course” and then select the month you’d like to enter progress for and click “Search.”
The resulting list will include a list of each student who has a course on their Student Learning Plan that lists you as the Certificated Teacher overseeing that course.
You can sort the resulting list by student last name by clicking on the top of the “Student” column, or sort by course by clicking on the top of that column.
Next you will designate whether the students made progress for the month in the corresponding course by clicking on “Set.” Clicking once will set it to “Yes” and clicking a second time will set it to “No.”
If you need to enter a comment to accompany the “yes/no” designation, click on the row action gear to the far right and select “edit.” You will see a text box where you can enter your comment:
Both the yes/no designation and the comment will be surfaced on the Monthly Progress modal for the selected month and corresponding course here:
Determining Overall Monthly Progress
There are two ways to access and record overall Monthly Progress:
- Via each student’s Learning Plan by clicking on the “Monthly Progress” tab, then selecting the correct month, clicking on the corresponding row action gear and choosing “Record Monthly Progress.” You can also click on the name of the month.
- Utilize the “Monitor Monthly Progress” page in the left nav, which will list for each of your students (as a certificated teacher) the month and the following icons will indicate:
No progress determination yet made
Satisfactory Progress recorded for the month
Unsatisfactory Progress recorded for the month
Right from this interface, by clicking on the cheddar triangle, the corresponding monthly progress modal opens and you can record progress for that student.
To monitor parent input for monthly progress, click the gear icon at the top of the column you wish to view data for and choose “Parent Input Status”. You will now see an additional column in your table displaying this data. The same three icons are used to convey the status of parent input for the month:
Some data submitted, but progress not finalized
The parent has completed their input for the month and submitted it for your review
No input yet submitted for this month
Using either method one or method two you should now see:
The tabs across the center of the screen represent each subject/course record on the student’s plan.
The logic used to determine which courses are included here are as follows:
- Courses with a participation status of pending or planned are never displayed
- If you are viewing the current month, any subject course that does not have an end date prior to today and has a participacion status of In Progress or null (blank)
- If viewing for a previous month, any subject course with a start date less than or equal to the last day of that month and with an end date after the first of that month, with a participation status of null (blank), in progress, withdrawn, completed or dropped
This initial view is the “quick” view where the text boxes down the left hand side currently display any parent entered feedback for monthly progress, where the yes/no boxes to down the right hand side will display (or can be used to make) monthly progress determinations for each subject/course the student is enrolled in.
In addition, the progress history for a single course can be viewed in a table by clicking on the “History” tab at the far right and selecting a course:
The table will be displayed in the bottom half of the screen:
Clicking on the blue course name tabs in the middle of the modal will open up a view to show all data associated with that course, including comments recorded by the teacher associated with this course or any classes associated with this course.
You can make additional notes, comments and/or designate progress on a per course basis here if desired.
To determine overall progres, select “yes” or “no'' using the drop down selector below “Practice is Satisfactory” and record any overall progress comments in the “Progress” text box to the right, then click “Save.”
Depending on the interface you are using (in the SLP or on the Monitor screen) the corresponding icon should now update to reflect the selection that you made.
- The recording date for monthly progress is captured only when the overall progress determination is made. No other edits or input in the monthly progress review form will result in the recording date being changed/captured.
- Once overall monthly progress has been recorded, progress by course or class can no longer be added/edited in the group interfaces, nor can parent input be modified or added.