The waitlist feature can track class interest and help Registrars fill seats as they become available. Registrars and Parents will be the primary users of this feature.
|Enable Waitlist Feature for Parents||Managing Waitlists||Enrolling Students from the Waitlist|
|Checking Which Students are on a Class Waitlist||Add and Remove Students from the Waitlist||How the Waitlist Appears to Parents|
Enable Waitlist Feature for Parents (Back to Quick List)
Before parents can start using the waitlist feature, it must be activated by setting Allow Parent Access to Waitlist to True.
In the Program Manager Role, select Settings in the left navigation menu. Click the Row Action and Options gear and select Edit for the Allow Parent Access to Waitlist.
Set Allow Parent Access to Waitlist to True and click Update to save the change. The same steps can be followed to turn off Parent access to the waitlist feature by setting False instead of True.
Checking Which Students are on a Class Waitlist (Back to Quick Link)
You can view all students waitlisted in a class using the Ale Class Students table.
Select the Registrar, Certificated Teacher, or Program Manager Role. Click Courses/Classes in the left navigation menu, then choose All Classes. Click the name of the class you want to manage the waitlist for.
This will open the Manage Class page. Click the Students Tab at the top of the page. You should now see the ALE Class Students Table. By default, this table will list six (6) columns — Student, Grade Level, Status Request Priority, Waitlist Position, and Added to Waitlist. The table will automatically filter to enrolled and waitlisted students. If a student is on the waitlist, then the Status will be listed as “Waitlist,” and data will surface for the student in the Waitlist Position and Added to Waitlist columns.
Managing Waitlists (Back to Quick Link)
Registrars can add, remove, and enroll students from the waitlist directly from a class via the Students Tab in the Manage Class Interface. You can access this interface by following the steps from Check Which Students are on a Class Waitlist listed earlier in this article. Note: Changes made to classes by a registrar will bypass enrollment restrictions.
Add and Remove Students from the Waitlist (Back to Quick Links)
- Go to the Students Tab.
- Click the Row Actions & Options gear for the student you would like to add/remove from the waitlist.
- Select Remove From Waitlist or Add to Waitlist.
Enrolling Students from the Waitlist (Back to Quick Links)
- Go to the Students Tab.
- Click the Add Students. A window labeled Add Students will appear.
- Click Select on the Students field. A table with all the students in the class will open up.
- In this table, find the student(s) you would like to add to enroll and click the checkmark.
- After you are done selecting students, click the Add Students button.
- The highlighted students should appear in the Add Students window. Click Add to add the students to the Class.
How the Waitlist Appears to Parents (Back to Quick Links)
Note: The waitlist feature is only available to parents if first turned on by a Program Manager.
When a parent tries to enroll their student in a full class, they will be added to the class waitlist instead of being enrolled. This is signified to parents by a yellow ‘+’ instead of a gray + when adding a class. When a parent clicks the yellow +, they will also receive a notification that the class is full, and the student will be added to the class waitlist.
Classes can only be waitlisted by parents when they are full, and the open enrollment deadline has not been passed. Once a class has reached its enrollment limit, parents cannot enroll their students in the class until the waitlist has been cleared.
Parents can view classes their students are waitlisted on by following the steps below:
- Login to the ALE application. ALE Application For Parents: Login Instructions
- Click Summary under Parent Home in the left navigation menu.
- The summary page will list all your students enrolled in the ALE program. Click the Review WSLP under the Student and School Year you would like to view the waitlist for.
- Hover your mouse over the Classes Tab drop-down and click Waitlist.