CUSTOMER SUPPORT - ALE
ALE Application: Using the Waitlist Feature
The waitlist feature can be used to track class interest and help Registrars fill seats as they become available. Registrars and Parents will be the primary users of this feature. In this article, we will cover the Following Topics:
- Enabling the Waitlist feature for parents
- Checking which students are on a class Waitlist
- Managing the Waitlist as a Registrar
- How the Waitlist Appears to Parents
Enable Waitlist Feature for Parents
Before parents can start using the waitlist feature, it must first be activated by setting “Allow Parent Access to Waitlist” to True. A program manager can do this by:
- Log into the ALE application.
- Select the Program Manager role from the left-side navigation menu.
- Click Settings in the left-side navigation menu.
- Click the Row Action and Option Gearbox for the “Allow Parent Access to Waitlist” setting.
- Select “Edit” in the Dropdown that opens after clicking.
- Set “Allow Parent Access to Waitlist” to True.
- Click Update in the top right corner of the window to save the change
The same steps can be followed to turn off Parent access to the waitlist feature, by setting the setting to False instead of True.
Checking which students are on a class Waitlist
You can view all students who are waitlisted in a class using the “Ale Class Students” table. This table will contain a list of all students in the Class.
- Login to the ALE Application
- Select the Registrar, Certificated Teacher, or Program Manager Role.
- Click “All Classes” under Courses/Classes in the left-hand navigation menu to see a table that contains All Classes in the Program.
- Click the name of the class you want to manage the waitlist for. This will open the Manage class page.
- Click the “Students” tab in the Manage Class navigation bar.
You should now see the “ALE Class Students” table. By default, this table will list 6 columns. Student, Grade Level, Status Request Priority, Waitlist Position, and Added to Waitlist. The table will automatically filter to enrolled and waitlisted students. If a student is on the waitlist then the Status will be listed as “Waitlist” and data will be surfaced for the student in the Waitlist Position and Added to Waitlist Columns.
Registrars can add, remove, and enroll students from the waitlist directly from a class via the “Students” tab in the Manage Class Interface. You can access this interface by following the steps from “Check which students are on a class Waitlist” listed earlier in this article. Note* changes made to classes by a registrar will bypass enrollment restrictions.
Add and Remove Students from the Waitlist:
- Go to the “Students” tab in the Manage Class Interface from the Registrar role.
- Click the “Row Actions & Options” gearbox for the student you would like to add/remove from the waitlist.
- Select “Remove From Waitlist” to remove the student and “Add to Waitlist” to add the student.
Enrolling Students from the Waitlist:
- Go to the “Students” tab in the Manage Class Interface from the Registrar Role.
- Click the “Add Students” button on the top right of the table. A window labeled “Add Students” will open.
- Click “Select” on the Students box. A table with all students in the class will open up.
- In this table, find the student(s) you would like to add to enroll and click to highlight them in blue.
- After you are done selecting students, click the Add students button.
- The highlighted students should appear in the “Add Students” window. Click “Add” to add the students to the Class.
How the Waitlist Appears to Parents:
Note* the waitlist feature is only available to parents if first turned on by a Program Manager.
When a parent tries to enroll their student in a full class, instead of being enrolled they will be added to the class waitlist. This is signified to parents by a yellow ‘+’ instead of a gray + when adding a class. When a parent clicks the Yellow + they will also receive a notification that the class is full and the student will be added to the class waitlist.
Classes can only be waitlisted by parents when they are full and the open enrollment deadline has not been passed. Once a class had reached its enrollment limit, parents will not be able to enroll their students in the class until the waitlist has been cleared.
Parents can view classes their students are waitlisted on by following the steps below:
- Login to the ALE application. We have instructions on how to log in as a parent here.
- Click “Summary” under Parent Home in the left-hand navigation. If the dropdown isn’t already open, you can open it by clicking “Parent Home” first.
- The summary page will list all your students enrolled in the ALE program. Click the “Review WSLP” under the Student and school year you would like to view the waitlist for.
- Hover your mouse over the Classes Dropdown and click Waitlist.