- Access the application directly by opening a web browser and entering your district specific address:
- Type in your username and password, click Sign In.
- If you do not remember your password, click Reset Password
- You can also access the application from the bundle selector bar at the top of your screen. Find the Dashboards and Distribution icon . If it’s on the upper left of your screen, next to it you should find the Dashboards icon, click on it and then click the Enter button.
If you find it on the upper right of your screen, click on the icon, find the Homeroom Dashboards icon and click the Enter button.
To change password:
- User clicks on their name at the top right of the screen
- Click on (Manage Account Info) and you’ll be redirected to an Account Management page.
- Type in the new password twice and the current password and click Save.
To log out:
Click on your name in the top right of the screen and choose Log Out.
If you need help or would like to access knowledge base articles, visit our Help Center.
- Click the ‘?’ in the top right to access the Help menu.
- Access the Risk Indicators Help section with this URL: https://support.schooldata.net/hc/en-us/categories/204258467-Risk-Indicators
- Contact a customer support representative by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking ‘Request Help’
Selecting a Dashboard:
To view the Risk Indicators Viewer, first confirm that you’re landing on the correct dashboard. On the left navigation, click on Dashboards then My Dashboards. Or choose All Dashboards to see your options.
The naming convention will vary if your district has customized your dashboards. Dashboards with “SDS” at the end of the title are available to all users. You can change your default dashboard by clicking the default button on the right side of the dashboards title. You can also favorite 10 of your top views by clicking the heart next to each dashboard name. Use the My Dashboards tab to quickly view the Dashboards that you have favorited. Allowing you to quickly move between views.
Next, ensure you’re looking at the correct student group, by looking for the name of the student group under your name. Click the name of the group to display other options you have. Choose one of the options displayed or
click the ‘Pick new Default Group’ button and choose a group from the student group selector.
Finding the Risk Indicator Viewer:
To view the risk indicator viewer you can use the gear icon found on the top right of your screen (just below you account information) to quickly access any of the widgets or you can scroll down until you reach the risk indicators viewer.
By using the tabs across the top of the Risk Indicator Viewer you can change the way the data is presented. Your view will depend on if/how your district has customized their viewer. One of the SDS default views is the Risk Indicator Summary. To view the titles of the tab, hover over the tab and the full title will display.
In this view you can click on the number of students or percentages to see the list of students who make up that group.
Use the gear to bring up different display options. Click Risk Detail View to see the data behind the summary numbers.
There is a risk index for elementary, middle and high school. Each index your district is using will be broken out into separate tabs. The high school risk index is the most complex and is shown below. The risk indexes are customizable by each district.
The magnifying glass next to a student's name will allow you to launch an individual student profile.
A student’s Risk Value is calculated based on their individual risk compared to the total possible risk per Term/Grade. A student with 100% risk is high risk in every applicable indicator in the index. Hover the cursor over the title of the indicator for the indicator’s Description Tool Test.
Click into a cell to expand the details of the indicator.
If there are additional details available, a table will display and will give you more individual information. For example, when looking at the number of current F’s the table will show which classes those grades are in.
Use the gear to bring up different display and download options.
To change the view of risk indicators or look at one specific type of risk, you can use the carets to open a menu of options. You can also change the student group and the time frame by using the different carets in these titles.
Below are examples of how risk indicators can be represented at different grade levels.