The HiCap Learning Plans app is a powerful management tool that allows you to create flexible, customizable plans to follow students to monitor progress and growth. It can help fulfill documentation requirements in supporting students who have qualified for Highly Capable services.
Once a student has been identified for participation in the Highly Capable Program, a Student Learning Plan can be created for each school year that:
- Identifies eligibility date, eligibility area(s), and service models
- Surfaces relevant assessment information
- Provides a place for staff to record student observations and strengths
- Outlines goals, tasks, and evidence of goal completion
You can log directly into the HiCap application with the URL [yourdistrictname].schooldata.net/V2/highly- capable-student-plans
OR from any SchoolData.net application. Locate the application bundles in the top right corner of the screen. Click on the Student Plans (SP) icon, Highly Capable (Hc), and Launch.
|The left navigation men will present several Role tab options:
Creating A Plan
Navigate to Plans in the left-hand navigation menu. This will take you to a list of plans, prefiltered to display students at the school(s) you are associated with. Clicking on the blue student's name will open a selected plan. To initiate a new plan, click Add Record at the top right:
- Label (Required) - This fillable text box allows you to name the plan. This label will be displayed at the top of the plan and used in other locations to identify this plan. For example, you might consider a naming convention that uses the student name and/or year in the plan label.
- Student (Required) - When clicked, this is a selectable field that will provide a search form with several options for searching and selecting the student for whom you are creating a plan. (First Name, Last Name, Student Name, SSID, Grade Level, Schools, and User Status)
- Eligibility Date (Required) - Use the calendar tool to identify this student's eligibility date.
- Responsible Educator (Optional) This selectable field will supply a list of educators who can be assigned as the primary individuals responsible for the plan. The responsible educator “owns” the plan and can edit all aspects. Only one individual may be chosen. If no selection is made, whoever is identified as the “Advisor” in your student information system will be automatically assigned.
- Supplemental Educators (Optional) - This selectable field will supply a list of educators who can be assigned as the secondary individual(s) responsible for the plan. While the responsible educator “owns” the plan, the supplemental educator(s) can also edit all aspects. One or more individuals may be chosen.
- Eligibility Areas (Required) - This field will return a list of selections entered and maintained by the Hi-Cap Data Admin that identifies one or more areas where a student is eligible for Highly Capable Services. (Math, Reading, Science)
- Service Models (Optional) - This field will return a list of selections entered and maintained by the Hi-Cap Data Admin that identifies one or more service model areas where a student participates in Highly Capable. Note: This optional fillable text box can be used as desired. (Cluster Classroom, Early Exit, Grade Level Acceleration, Mentoring, Other, Royal Service Mod., Single subject Acceleration)
- Notes (Optional)
Once all required fields have been filled, click the Add button at the top right of the form. Your plan will be created and added to the data table list of plans. For more information, see Viewing/Editing A Student Learning Plan.
Entering Educator ReferralsSee Highly Capable Referrals - Educators for more information.
Assessment/Qualifier/Screener ScoresSee Highly Assessment/ Qualifier/Screener Scores for more information.
End-Of-Year SurveysInterest Inventories and/or End-of-Year Surveys are configured for each district when they decide to implement. End-of-Year Survey may be viewed by navigating to the left navigation menu.
Here’s a sample of what they might look like for educators:
This is where various district resources and links may be viewed. District Resources may be viewed by navigating to the left navigation menu.