English Language Proficiency Reports
Reports may be accessed by navigating to the Reports Application within the Data Extracts Bundle, clicking Launch App, and then clicking Create New Report from the left navigation menu.
Select the English Language Proficiency folder, where various reports are available here.
MONTHLY BILINGUAL PROGRAM COUNT
Monthly Bilingual Program Count fulfills a District’s legal requirement to monthly report student English Language Proficiency Assessment enrollments.
To create the monthly ELPA count list, you first need to create the specific static English Language Learner (ELL) student group in Homeroom. This needs to be done each month you create the report. This is because the report application does not automatically decipher who is and is not enrolled in ELL services. Once created, the group will simultaneously populate the report, where you can select your student group.
To see the students with the Services Currently On, log in to Homeroom Dashboards and select Student Groups, then Create v1 Students Group from the left-hand Column. Next, select the Filter & Create tab.
Next, apply two filters from the Add Filter Group drop-down, Enrollments and Services.
- In the Enrollments filter, choose the current School Year and the Schools and/or Grades you are interested in.
- In the Services filter, choose the Service(s) you are interested in and the option Currently On.
- The number of students filtered (in the top right corner) will change with your selections.
- The default setting is Match Any (found in the top right corner). If multiple interventions are chosen, The filter will display a list of students currently on at least one of those services. They do not have to be on all of the selected services.
Click Save Student Group in the top right corner when finished.
Now, give this group a name, like "Currently On ELL." Next, turn on the Save as Smart Group and Save. This group will reflect any updates you make to your SIS system. A new student group will now be created under your My Student Groups.
Return to the Monthly Bilingual Program Count Report. Under Student Group, select your new student group by clicking on the “+” to the right and then clicking Add Student Group.
Select the start and end date, then Save and Generate.
A PDF report will be downloaded momentarily. The Package will include the following: Title Page, Table of Contests (with hyperlinks to each student’s report), Mailing Labels, and the Reports.
You can also save the report for later use. Saved reports may be found in the left navigation screen under My Reports.
ELPA PLACEMENT LETTERS AND MORE
There are multiple options for this report.
- Parent Notification of Continuing Student Placement English Language Development Program with Level (For students enrolled in the bilingual program who took the ELPA and sored levels 1, 2, or 3))
Simply select the school you would like to view from, then Save and Generate the report.
- Student Reclassification for Bilingual (English and Spanish versions)
This report is configured to allow you to select one or more students and/or groups and create a report for each student.
- State Transition Bilingual Program Exit Form (For students currently enrolled in the bilingual program and scored a Level 4 on ELPA in the previous Spring.)
Options to select the school and school year.
- Students Exiting Bilingual Program
- ELPA21 Mailing Labels from PerformanceLevel (Create mailing labels based on student Performance level from ELPA21)
Options to select the school, grade, school year, and performance level.
Please sign in to leave a comment.