- A user will access Homeroom applications by logging in to http://[yourdistrict].schooldata.net.
- Type in your Username and Password and click Sign in.
The username is usually the same as the username for your SIS (Skyward, PowerSchool, SchoolMaster), but the passwords are not synchronized. Since your password may have changed since School Data Solutions received it the first time, or if you do not recall it, you may need to Reset the password. Please contact your district's School Data Solutions Administrator for additional help with your username or password.
SIS Account Activation - New Teacher Role
Before your first time logging in, you may need to activate your account.
- Click Activate Account.
- Next, select your District from the dropdown menu.
- Input your SIS Username, Password, Email, and Confirm Email. The username is usually the same as the username and password for your SIS (Skyward). If you still need to get that information, you will need to contact your School Data Solutions Administrator.
- Click on the Reset Your Password link at the bottom. NOTE: To reset your password, you must have your username or email address used when your SDS user account was activated. Additionally, you will need access to the inbox for that email address. If you still need to get that information or no longer have access to the email, you must contact your School Data Solutions Administrator.
- In the next screen, under Tell Us Who You Are:
- Select your District from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your Username or Email for the account.
- Click Send Verification Code.
- You will receive an email with the subject SchoolData.net Account Verification Code.
- Copy this code. NOTE: The code in the email to reset your password will expire after 24 hours or immediately after being used, whichever occurs first.
- Return to the password reset page and paste it into the Verification Code box.
- Once the code is verified, you will be asked to enter a new password. Your password must be at least eight (8) characters long.
- When you are done, click Save Password & Proceed, and you will be automatically logged in.
Login Attempt Limit For Users
The username records login attempts entered. This means that the username can be locked so that a malicious user cannot determine a valid username by interpreting the response from the server.
If the username entered matches a valid user, the login attempt is associated with the application user record. The date, time, and IP address of the person attempting to log in are all recorded.
After three (3) unsuccessful login attempts, the account is blocked from logging in for 10 minutes. After six (6) unsuccessful login attempts, the account is blocked for 30 minutes. After ten (10) login attempts, the account is locked and must be unlocked by the user or administrator. Login attempts persist across all applications.
If a user successfully logs in, their login attempt counter is reset. A user can unlock their account using the open account process available. This process will send an email to users with a link that will unlock their accounts. A user is allowed to unlock their account as many times as needed.
NOTE: Alternate authentication districts will not have this feature.
User Settings And Options Menu
Once logged in, you may change your password from the user account settings menu. School Data Solutions does not force your passwords to expire or require you to change your password. However, we recommend you update your password every few months to ensure the security of sensitive information.
- Click the User Settings (Avatar/Name) in the upper right-hand corner to further access the Application Actions and Options Menu.
- Notice a new window will open; within it, you will have two tab choices: SchoolData.net Settings and Homeroom Settings. Click the Schooldata.net Settings tab.
- Click Edit account info to redirect you to an account management page.
- Fill in the Update Password, Confirm Password, and the Original Password.
- Click Save when finished.