Notification Letters Overview
The Notification Letter Application brings together Reports and Risk Indicators with a tracking system to help keep track of contact with student guardians. It allows the user to keep track of the letter through various stages of delivery from printed, mailed, and acknowledged to no email on file, sent, or email opened.
Often, letters are sent in response to a requirement imposed by law, a requirement for some program, or a district policy. In addition, some letters are sent to achieve a goal beyond notification, such as achievement, accomplishment, and performance.
Notification Letters encompass three themes revolving around keeping guardians informed of student data.
- Letter with specific data points determining which students' guardians will receive the letter. Those letters can be emailed to parents or printed and hand-delivered.
- Letters with specific data point to a static list (such as all 3rd graders). Those letters can be emailed to parents or printed and hand-delivered.
- It generates an email with a file attached. The file may be something the district has already produced, but we would like to have it emailed to students' guardians with a record of that email.
TYPES OF NOTIFICATIONS
- Attendance / Absence Notifications
- Assessment Results / Parent Notification
- Current D’s and F’s Notification Letter
- Progress Report Notification
- Parent Information
CONFIGURING A NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT
Select Create New Notification Letter from the left navigation menu in the Notification Letter App.
Locate the Actions Gear button to the right of the screen and select Create New Requirement from the drop-down menu.
Type a Name and Description, and choose the Notification Type.
Next, select a Student Detail Report Definition and District Compliance Report Definition from the drop-down menu.
Click Save & Continue from the drop-down menu in the top right corner.
A new window should appear for the Email Template. Modify the Subject and Body and add a Reply Email Address if you choose. Then click Next.
Select all of the Risk indicators that will be used to find students who are at risk and need a notification. Next, click the check mark(s) to the left for the chosen, then click Apply. If prompted, select Save to save your work so far, then continue by clicking next.
Select the Report Definitions used to generate the Notification Letters, click Save if prompted, and Next. Your Notification Requirement has now been successfully created.
Please sign in to leave a comment.