The User Defined Column is designed to enable user to add a 'blank' column. This will enable users to send out data grids with a column that has a title, but the individual cells in that column will be blank. This will allow anyone who receives the data grid to input data into the column.
User can easily format the grid and send it to those needing it, following these directions.
What You’ll Need
Access to School Data (SDS) Student Data Grids
- If you do not have access contact your Homeroom Data Administrator
Configured Student Data Grids:
- If you do not have any data grids available under ‘My Student Data Grids’ see the Student Data Grid Tutorial for instructions on how to create one.
Adding User Defined Column to Student Data Grid
From Homeroom, click on the grid in the top right corner of the screen and click the Student Data Grids icon.
- Click My Student Data Grids
- Click the edit button for your selected Student Data Grid
- Click the ‘Columns’ tab
- Click Blank Column [Configure & Add]
- Type the name of the Heading
- Click Save to Save the Heading Name
- Click Save again to add the column to the Grid
- Configure your Custom Student Data Grid as usual