The Notification Letter Application brings together Reports and Risk Indicators with a tracking system to help keep track of contact with student guardians. Think of all the reasons information needs to be passed to guardians: student attendance issues, HiCap or state testing results, or sports notifications to name a few. The Notification Letter Application will help you generate district specific letters and allow you to send them via email or printed mail. It allows the user to keep track of the letter through various stages of delivery from printed, mailed, acknowledged, to no email on file, sent, or email opened.
To set up a Notification Letter;
- first decide on the requirement the Notification Letter needs to fulfill, for instance, chronic absence notification.
- next create one or more Risk Indicators that will be utilized to trigger the 'notification', for instance, 3 or more consecutive absences, 5 absences in last 30 days or 10% absent in current school year.
- then decide on the formatting of the letter to be sent, this includes the data points needed to be pulled from Homeroom to populate the letter. The letter will then be built into the Reports application, to be utilized in the Notification Letter Application
- finally a Notification Requirement can be built utilizing these pieces
- once the Notification Requirement has been built by the district, it can be utilized by end users to generate Notification Letter Deliveries