The Student Documents Widget is on the Student Spotlight tab. It allows users to upload files that are associated with a student. Uploaded files are stored in the Student Documents Widget permitting other users that have permissions for the student to access the documents. Common file types accepted include Word, Excel, image files and PDFs.
The Student Documents Widget is on the Student Spotlight tab.
Log in to Homeroom
Search for Student Name in the Lookup Widget >> click on the spotlight icon
To Upload a File:
- Click the + icon in the upper right of the Student Document widget.
- The New Student Document pop up window allows the user to upload a new file.
- Click Select File. Click Choose File to locate the file to be uploaded. The file label will default with the filename but it can be changed to any desired file label as shown in the example. Click Upload once the file is selected. (Note – files larger than 15 MB will be rejected)
- The file selected for upload will now be listed in the New Student Document window.
- Add a Subject/Title for the document.
- Enter a description of the file in the description field under the Subject/Title field.
- Click Save
- Now the file is listed in the Student Documents widget.
To Download a File:
- Scroll through the list of uploaded documents to locate the file to be viewed.
- Click the Download Link for the selected file.
- Once the file downloads in your browser, click the file to view it.
To Edit the Subject/Title or Description of a File:
- Scroll through the list of uploaded documents to locate the file to update. (Note – only the user that added the document can edit the data. All other users can view the data but cannot edit it.)
- Click Edit.
- Update the Subject/Title and/or Description.
- Click Save.
To Delete a File:
- Scroll through the list of uploaded documents to locate the file to be deleted. (Note – only the user that uploaded a file can delete the file. All other users can view the file but cannot delete it.)
- Click Delete.
- A warning notification will pop up for you to confirm the deletion. Click OK to delete the file. Click Cancel to not delete the file. (Note - deleted files cannot be restored.)