To set the Four Year Plan (FYP) details and notes, including the ability to 'lock' a FYP so the it becomes view only and it is unable to be edited.
- Name the plan, as a student can have more than one plan, they may want to ensure the plan name is unique.
- Student, choose the student the plan is for.
- Career Clusters contain occupations in the same field of work that require similar skills. These can be use to help focus education plans towards obtaining the necessary knowledge, competencies, and training for success in a particular career pathway.
- Job Preference is the occupation associated to the broader career cluster. This can help narrow the field of study for the student.
- Education Four Year Plan is the default plan used to create the students FYP.
- Student Notes is a place to allow the student to record any free form notes about their FYP.
- Educator Notes is a place to all an Educator, in most cases a counselor, to make notes about the students FYP.
Lock / Unlock (optional):
Educators can lock / unlock a students plan on the details tab when editing a saved plan. If the plan is a Primary Plan and currently unlocked the educator will see a red Lock button on the top left. Click the button to lock the plan making it read only for Educators and Students. If the plan is a Primary Plan and currently locked the educator will see a green Unlock button, which when clicked will allow the educator and student to edit the FYP.
note: Multiple plans can be locked / unlocked at one time. To find out more about that and about the locking process in general read this article.
Students can have more than one FYP, so the name should includes some detail of the default plan it was created from, such as 'Highly Selective', 'Two and Four Year Technical College', or 'Diploma'.
This is optional for educators. To create a plan for demonstration purposes leave this field blank. To create a plan for a student choose the student from the list.
- click the select button
- from the Student modal choose the student from the list. The list is currently enrolled students by default. The filters can be used to narrow the list of students by:
- Grade - choose one or more grade levels to filter the students list
- School Year - choose the school year the student was enrolled to filter the students list
- School - choose the school to filter the students list
- Currently enrolled - click this box to filter to all students ever enrolled in the list
- Search - type in the students last name or first name to filter the students in the list
- Columns - the columns of information about a student can be expanded to ensure the educator is choosing the correct students. The columns of data can include:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Currently Enrolled
- Enrolled School Year Grade Level
- Enrolled School Year School
- Enrolled School Year
- Last Known Grade
- Last Known School
- last Known School Year
- click the + button to the right of the students name
- click Add Student
Career Cluster (optional):
Choose the career cluster from the drop down menu provided
Job Preference (optional):
The job or occupation the student is interested can be entered in one of two ways:
- Text input: this is a free form text box that allows the user to type in any occupation
- Select list: this allows the user to choose a job or occupation from a list that is filtered by the career cluster chosen.
Education Four Year Plan (required):
This is the name of the default FYP the plan was started from. This will be filled out by default if the plan was started by choosing a plan from the list of Common Four Year Plans. If the plan was created by choosing Create Four Year Plans, a plan will need to be selected from the drop down menu.
This allows the plan to be pre populated with the number of periods as well as some of the classes deemed appropriate to fulfill the plan.
Student Notes (optional):
Student can enter free form notes about their FYP. Only users with a Person Role of 'Student' can enter notes in this text box. Other users can see the notes entered by the student, but not change them.
Educator Notes (optional):
Educators, such counselors, or any other Educator who has access to the students FYP can enter free form notes about the students FYP.
choose Save & Continue from the Save menu in the top right corner